New to the market this three-bedroom Modernist house with off-street parking, a private garden and extensive communal gardens. It forms part of the Southwood House Estate, a triangle of residences built in the early 1960s to a design by the architects Andrews, Emerson, Sherlock & Keable, and is a short walk from Highgate Village and the Underground station. On the ground floor is an entrance hall, with access to a garage on one side. Left of the hall, is the kitchen, and to the rear is the reception room and dining area with double-glazed French doors to the garden. The dining area is double-height and overlooked by a window that reaches to the first floor, flooding the stairs and landing above with natural light. The first floor contains two double bedrooms, a single bedroom / study, a bathroom and a separate WC. The house retains much of its original interior, including an elegant open-tread staircase, and parquet flooring on the ground floor. There is a front garden with an off-street parking space and a paved garden at the rear, which in turn, leads onto the private communal gardens. The Southwood House Estate was developed between 1958 and 1962 on the site of the former Southwood House (c1745), which had become derelict and subsequently burned down. The development was deliberately sited around the grounds of the old house, and these now form a very attractive and sizeable communal space with splendid mature trees, which is for the sole use of residents. Highgate Village has a wide variety of shops, cafés, pubs and restaurants. The open spaces of Hampstead Heath and Waterlow Park, and the ancient Highgate Wood and Queen’s Wood, are all close at hand. The house is a short walk from Highgate Underground station (Northern Line), and from the stop for the number 43 bus, which runs direct to Moorgate, Bank and London Bridge. There is also a stop for the 134 bus, which serves Camden Town and Tottenham Court Road.